Hi! I’m Anne Scott, author of Kickass Aging.
I used to be 40 pounds overweight, I had borderline high blood pressure, and when I was pregnant, I had gestational diabetes.
Throughout my thirties, I was puffy, tired, anxious, and a slave to sugar cravings. I tried exercising and eating what I thought was a healthy diet, but nothing changed.
In about the year 2000, I adopted a low-carb Paleo (“caveman”) diet. I lost weight without hunger and I’ve kept it off ever since. My blood pressure is normal, my resting heart rate is 52, and I’m full of energy.
This blog will share what I’ve learned over the years, with the goal of helping you age as well as possible.
Age 35 (left) vs. age 52
I now enjoy CrossFit, running (I won my age group in two recent races), outdoor adventure racing, cross-country skiing and rock-climbing.
And, I feel confident about enjoying the healthiest second half of life possible. I want you to feel the same way too.
Things I’ll be posting about:
- Low-carb / Paleo eating in the modern world, with recipes
- Links to news articles, books, and blogs
- Ideas for working healthy movement into your life
- Suggestions for managing sleep, stress, and more
- My special project for 2017: “Sugar-Free Year: Absolute Zero“. I aim to consume no added sugars whatsoever (not even in vitamins, toothpaste, etc.) for an entire year.
And most importantly, I want to cover
- Your success stories
- Answers to your questions
- Topics you’re interested in
So, keep in touch in the comments or via the contact page and let me know what you’d like to see!
PS – about me:
- Born in 1960, living in northern British Columbia, Canada
- Passionate about fitness and Paleo / low-carb eating
- Married to the inspiring and supportive Andrew Watkinson
- Proud mum to Sam Watkinson